If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito in the room.
Woman is a delicate creature with strong emotions who has been created by the Almighty God to shoulder responsibility for educating society and moving toward perfection. God created woman as symbol of His own beauty and to give solace to her family.
This is a quote of imam Ali, the fourth caliph showing the importance of women in our community.
Whoever kills an innocent life, it is as if he had killed all of humanity. And whoever gives life to one, it is as if he had revived all of humanity
This is a Quranic verse elucidates the sacredness of anyone’s life.
I do not have anything to discuss today, especially about ISIS and their leader. I can not judge whether they are religiously misguided or simply a tool to serve some covetous aims. Being ultra is a choice leading us to nowhere. Everyday I curse politics and ignorance!
Farkhunda was one of us, but their mob justice insisted on torturing and setting her on fire. Farkhunda and Kayla were nothing but a glimpse of poverty and injustice. I do not know who is coming next!
We are all deserving, and we do not need permission or an invitation to exist and to step into our power!
Before the internet, the gap was wider as each community was well-versed in its traditional lore only. Now, you can make friendship with people overseas while you are plopping down on your sofa through your cellphone. Nonetheless, we are suffering from those trolls behind their keyboards!
Two years ago, an Egyptian cook has decided to take her hijab off. I could not make out people’s demeanor when they scorned and understated her. She was called a spinster looking for a groom, they suspected her faith without any deference! Her decision was personal, but trolls insisted on making it a religious matter!
Mo Salah, the Egyptian football player posted a picture of his daughter while she was playing on the piano. The comments revolved around religion and Islamic nurture. Their comments exuded their ignorance of religion and its essence.
Dina Tokio has decided to take her hijab off as well. As a Muslim blogger, her decision was not her own. Therefore, people have decided to threaten, insult, and send their pernicious messages to her.
A month ago, I read the news and there was a survey of British people’s acceptance of Muslims and hijab as compatriots like anyone else there. The majority claimed that hijab symbolised backwardness, and this would never represent their country, especially after its long-term battle to spread freedom and justice.
For me, all these scenes have ignited an important question about religion, and whether we preserve it, or it protects us from that ingrained brutality. It was profound as I always thought of religion away from any tales or fecund imagination.
In 2019, I was eager to read religious books away from any tales or prejudice. I have found some books and thankfully the riddle got unraveled. Every religious rifle was a result of a political conflict and a paranoid ruler. Religions are based on the same pillars of mercy, care, worshipping, fasting, alms, and the afterlife. The last messenger is our debate. There is another life in another realm and we all want to experience it as human beings, and monotheists with different hue, physiognomy, and religions. God wants us to be different, so we have to coexist with each other.
After I read some books, I came up with some conclusions;
- First and foremost, Everyone is held accountable for their deeds here and in the hereafter. This message is an allusion to dissuade those trolls as accountability is sole!
- The first cosmic covenant what matters the most. Allah enjoined Adam to worship, supplicate, and befriend all human beings.
- If religiosity does not better you, so you definitely misunderstand it.
- I have to neither witness your ugliness, nor make my phone kosher to stave off such things. Therefore, I have decided to give up using my Facebook account.
- Read the study Quran book. It is the best Quranic commentary I read, especially for those who have some ambivalence towards Islam.
- Read Reza Aslan’s books, no god but God, Zealot, and god; a human history. This author helped me fathom how we have disfigured religions with our chauvinism and bigotry. He is a Shiite Muslim who was Christian before. His books are page turners and enlightening, especially for a sunni woman who has never mingled with Shiites.
- As a feminist, kecia Ali and her books about sexual ethics in Islam. Some thorny issues such as the dowry, concubinage, and slavery. Kecia did answer a lot of profound questions as a Muslim woman.
- Good Muslim, bad Muslim book astounded me. The cold war, opium industry, the socio-economic mutation of Islam from a mere religion to a political identity, and the Middle East has become an arena. The inception of militant groups, explosions, and fundamentalism are expressed in detail in this book.
- Finally, who witnesses wars and survives, will suffer from its dregs until they pass away.
Thanks for your embrace and time!
Slipping out the back door of the party of life, ensuring the other guests do not have to agonize about your choice.
My lord, you have not given me what I was longing for even the bare minimum. You have made my fate in comparison with my hopes and wishes like a lantern among outnumbered stars. Glory be to God whether he gives or withholds. I am thankful that you have guided me towards wisdom. Grateful for realising that the light of the lantern is much stronger inside home than those far further stars. Stars which we can only see on the rooftop even if the sky is full of them.
When we suffer from life’s residues. Residues of combating afflictions and scourges. They have different modalities causing incurable fissures. They abate only when life gets better-off, but never evaporate! I would like to thank 1107 followers because they have decided to read my scribbles, and share my walled garden. I never expected having such followers within a few months. Thanks a million!