Impossible is just a word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing. – Muhammad Ali
I have only three months to change some things in my life. First and foremost, I will look more at the mirror praising my facial features and challenging myself. Yes. I accept who I am, but I can be better. Three months to go on a vegan diet sounds good!
Secondly, let bygones be bygones, therefore I have unblocked some people and had good conversations with old friends. There was neither grudge nor envy. A lot of things have mystified me. I never stopped asking why? I was good! Why did they purport that? This was deleterious and utterly ridiculous! Do not look behind your back as definitions belong to the definers not the defined.
I finished reading all the books. They were informative and page-turner ones. Different genres including religious books, shiite and sunni Muslims, autobiographies, African Americans, apartheid, and politics. Finally, I do not see myself as a hollow pumpkin! Outlooks should be renewed otherwise you are an animated cadaver!
I deep down believe that life is a solo journey. Sometimes it transfixes you, and sometimes it insists on humiliating you! It is motley and full of contradictions. However, we always embrace and clutch to it.
Finally, the first chapter was long and somehow mundane. There is a feeling of happiness tinged with bitterness. I was trekking, and I will keep doing so. Nothing is absolute!
If you want to study abroad rocketing your future, you have to learn English. Diseases are terrifying, unexpected, yet they can be treated and cured if you are acquainted with its disorders. English is the language of science and research. We are locked up into the same room, insulars, parochial, digest only what we receive. What changes this loathsome condition is ENGLISH. Politics, history, education, health, better places to live in, second opportunities, etc rely on English and better comprehension.
“People may say mastering English is out of reach as it requires bulging our bank accounts in the first place. You would never learn English, unless you mingle with native English speakers and only native English speakers. I was born and raised in Egypt and willing to spend the rest of my life there. Therefore, it is utterly ridiculous to waste time on learning. I would never learn, I am a nonentity!” All these are mere hallucinations and superstitions. We are living in the third millennium where the internet is easily accessible to everyone. You only need your persistence and determination to outstrip.
Once upon a time, in 2011, there was an Egyptian girl, a fresh graduate, a hopeful, but the atmosphere shattered her dreams. Wherever she went, predestination forced her to return empty handed. There were that moments of crying, despair, and even envy. After four years of going back and forth, she made up her mind and decided to break the mold. She set off her new solo journey of learning and immersion. Now, that mature woman is running her own blog, ironically, that blog is in English, not in her mother tongue. Besides that, she is about to move up her ladder and have a glittering career.
Success and failure are two sides of the same coin. Who never savoured failure, would never appreciate the taste of success. Hopefully, I can inspire even one person to better his/her life someday. Let me tell you what I have done to learn English in detail.
- First and foremost, you have to study and write down whatever you read, others’ hints, and tips. English consists of grammar and vocabularies, so dismissing any of them may ruin the entire journey.
- Follow Michael Youssef’s plan as he is my role model and thousands as well.
- Surround yourself with English as much as possible, download BBC prodcast, watch documentaries and turn on CC.
- Download Hellotalk, thus you can make friends from all over the world to chat with them, correcting each other’s posts, and grammatical mistakes.
- There is another useful application which is Lingebe. Lingebe is a good option for those who prefer anonymity because it is only for calls.
- Currently, my only pastime is to read through anybooks application, but it is suitable for advanced-upper intermediate users.
Patience is the key to get to your desirable destination, otherwise the vehicle would jerk then flip! It took me three years to get where I am today. It may be longer or shorter according to the person and their utmost effort. A couple of years to enlighten the other decades on earth.
- Useful applications: Hellotalk, Quora, Reverso, Lingebe, Oxford dictionary, Anybooks, BBC news, BBC podcast, The Guardian.
- Some useful channels on YouTube: Real Stories, Al-Jazeera English, TEDx, DW, 60 Minutes, CBS news, etcetera.
A good plan for intermediate level, https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0BzXUdSWn9JveVTFpZllQMkttS3M
Who prepare for IELTS, https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByyZWo08OOcUbG1ubUJvWG9YZUE